Traffic Management / Events
We have a pool of 30+ Chapter 8 qualified Operatives, every one of whom is a retired police officer. It therefore goes without saying, that our Team brings with it a wealth of experience, common-sense and decision-making, all encompassed in a “can-do” attitude.
In the four years of operations as a Ltd Company, we have gathered an impressive and diverse portfolio of events and employers, a few examples of which are:
- Sole contractors for British Cycling (BC) Yorkshire on cycle road racing in North Yorkshire (20+ races in Season 2016)
- BC (Yorks) and North Yorkshire Police on the Ryedale Grand Prix since 2013
- Stockton Grand Prix in 2015 & National TT and Road Race Championships, Stockton in 2016
- The Tour de Yorkshire "Ride", Scarborough 2016
- The Otley Town Cycle Races since 2012 / The Ilkley and Skipton Town Cycle Races since 2015
- The inaugural Huddersfield and Malton Criterium races in 2014 (including course designs)
- The “Three Peaks Cyclo-Cross”, Ingleton since 2012
- Contractors for the cycle stages of the Markel Castle Triathlon Series at Castle Howard, Hever Castle (Kent), Cholmondeley Castle (Cheshire) and the Hever Castle “Bastion” Ironman
- The Knavesmire Harriers “Brass Monkey” Half Marathon, York since 2013
- The “Vale of York ½ Marathon” since 2014 and Vale of York 10-mile in 2016 (inaugural event)
- The re-launched 'Tadcaster 10' in 2016
- The "Chevin Chase" - Boxing Day 2015 & 2016
- Royal Marines Rehabilitation Paratriathlon - CTCRM - Lympstone, Devon since 2014
- The Kirkbymoorside 10k, Thirsk 10-mile, Eccup 10, Pudsey 10k, Helmsley 10k, Snape Fun Run and Malton Santa Charity Run
- The inaugural St Catherine's Hospice "Santa Dash" in Scarborough in 2016
LARGER-SCALE, NON-SPORTS EVENTS:
- “Kaboom” Firework Event, Tom Jones & Proms Concerts, Yorkshire Post Classic Car Rally - all at Castle Howard
- Katherine Jenkins concert and Bonfire Night at Bolton Abbey
- Marshalling of HGV’s for the major Jackson’s Engineering project on the Pickering Flood Defences
- The North York Moors Railway “War Weekend”, Pickering (road closures & parades) since 2011
- St Georges Day Parades in Harrogate, Selby, Leven District and Easingwold (and Otley in 2017)
- Various military and Royal British Legion parades around North Yorkshire
- Otley, Pudsey, Horsforth & Guiseley Carnival Parades
- The Staithes Festival since 2014
- Skipton Food & Drink Festival and Yarndale events at the Skipton Auction Mart in 2016
- Monthly Agricultural Machinery Sales at York Auction Centre, Murton in 2016
- Multiple Bonfire Night events
- Multiple Christmas Lights / Street Parties
- Filming of the “Dad’s Army” movie in and around Bridlington (various road closures in “Walmington-on-Sea” !) in 2015
- Filming of "Dark River" in the Yorkshire Dales (road closures for on location filming) in 2016
Our flexibility and availability has proved invaluable, in accomodating the requirements of film crews, working out on location.
We are highly dynamic and proactive in how we traffic manage. We adopt a problem-solving attitude, so if you have an issue with a closure or event, we will be able to identify a safe and affordable solution and negotiate its’ approval with the appropriate authorities.
We provide static closures and diversions for events requiring a traffic-free area, together with ‘rolling closures’ for parades and sporting events.
All plans and systems that we employ are fully approved by the respective Highways Area, meaning that the systems of ‘rolling road closures’ we employ facilitate a safe event (be it a high-speed cycle race or a veterans’ marching parade) with the minimum of disruption to normal traffic flow.